Future Students
Admissions Process

Admission process for new USF Students

Undergraduate Students

First Time in College


Transfer Students


Graduate Students

Graduate students please visit Graduate Admissions for information and to access the online application.

Admission Process for Current USF Students/Changing Majors >>

Undergraduate Students:

Undergraduate students who decide after entering a program that they wish to change to an engineering major must apply to the College of Engineering. Before applying to the College, students should read the College of Engineering section of the USF Undergraduate Catalog thoroughly, especially the Engineering General Academic Policies information. Then to apply, call the office of Engineering Student Services at 813-974-2684 to make an appointment and speak with an advisor.

Graduate Students:

Graduate students who decide after entering a program that they wish to change graduate programs must do so through Graduate School, not the Office of Graduate Admissions.

Change of Program Request will NOT be considered for graduate students in their first semester of study. Only a continuing graduate student enrolled for study in a particular program who wishes to change to another program at the same or lower level must complete the Change of Program Request Form. It is up to the discretion of the student’s original program to determine if a Change of Program is appropriate and will be granted. Students may obtain the form at http://www.grad.usf.edu. This form must be signed both by the current program and the new program, after which it must be submitted to the Graduate School for approval. If approved by the Graduate School, the change of program form is then sent to the Registrar for processing.

NOTE: Some programs may require another application to be submitted because the Change of Program Request Form does not contain sufficient information for them to make a decision. You should check with the new program before completing any paperwork.