I am a Ph.D. candidate in Industrial Engineering, research assistant in the Multi-Objective Optimization Group, and active member of the INFORMS chapter at the University of South Florida under the supervision of Dr. Hadi Charkhgard. My current research preference is focused on multiobjective optimization, more specifically in mixed integer programs, and machine learning techniques. I'm also interested in specific topics such as the application of operations research in conservation planning, control of invasive species and resilient supply chain design (see Research).
My experience includes two years working as sales data analyst for companies such as Coca-Cola FEMSA (affiliated to The Coca-Cola Company), and Colombiana Kimberly Colpapel (affiliated to Kimberly-Clark Corporation), and 5 years as instructor and teaching assistant of different courses in industrial enginering at different universities in Colombia.
- Ph.D. Industrial Engineering (C)
- Start date: Fall - 2016.
- Expected completion date: Spring - 2020.
- Research focus: Multi-objective optimization.
- Advisor: Dr. Hadi Charkhgard.
- Industrial and Management Systems Engineering Department, College of Engineering.
- University of South Florida, Tampa, FL, USA.
- M.Sc. Industrial Engineering
- B.Sc. Industrial Engineering
- Degree officially awarded on September 17, 2008.
- Thesis title: "Simulation Model to Measure the Impact of the Lead Times on the Bullwhip Effect" (in Spanish)
- Advisor: Dr. Rene Amaya-Mier.
- Industrial Engineering Department, College of Engineering.
- Universidad del Norte, Barranquilla, ATL, Colombia.